2020 Starboard Foil Surf – High Performance Shape Dedicated to Prone Surf Foiling
Starboard’s 2020 Foil Surf is their model designed for advanced riders looking to elevate their surf foiling performance. The famous Foil Surf is a carryover shape from 2019 which will be available in Starboard 2020 range.
Stay tuned to see their new 2020 range next week!
The Foil Surf range was created and developed based on Clinton Filen’s extensive kitesurfing and surfing experience in Cape Town, South Africa. All the testing was performed with the support of Zane Schweitzer and the fine-tuning technologies were then finalised in cooperation with the SUP team in Bangkok. All boards have been tested with both AK and Starboard foils, varying the wing sizes and shape as well as different mast heights. This allowed us to see how the boards performed with different foils and surf conditions.
Available sizes: 6’0″ x 21.5″ / 5’6″ x 21.5″ / 5’2″ x 20.25″ / 4’8″ x 19.25″
Available in 1 premium construction:
Scratch Proof Parabolic Carbon Innegra Rails
Key Features of the 2020 Foil Surf Board by Starboard SUP
- Thick Boxy Rail: Provides volume/buoyancy to ride a shortboard and makes it easier to paddle and catch waves. The thick tail provides extra strength against the force of the foil.
- Full Outline:
- The wide nose makes it easier to paddle into waves as you can press down with your chest to get ahead of the wave.
- When up and flying, the wide nose reduces pitching and bounces back when touching down, making it more forgiving for prolonged foiling experience.
- Tails Width: The tail’s width gives the rider more control and stability over the board when turning.
- Parallel Rails: The straight parallel rails make it comfortable to paddle.
- The Rocker Line:
- The rocker is relatively flat throughout, with moderate nose rocker to avoid pitching and catching on touchdowns.
- The slight tail kick to helps to pop up the board to get up and riding.
- Foil Box: 2 x 10” US boxes for mounting a top plate foil mast and provides flexibility to adjust the foil position based on rider preference, skill level and wave conditions. Starboard’s lightweight US box is 140g lighter than market standard boxes.
- The foil box is positioned slightly further forward as the boards get longer to accommodate balancing the extra swing weight.
- 6’0″ x 21.5″ – 31.5 cm
- 5’6″ x 21.5″ – 29 cm
- 5’2″ x 20.25″ – 26.5 cm
- 4’8″ x 19.25″ – 24 cm
(Measured from the tail of the board to the middle of the box)