How to SUP- Standing up on a Paddleboard for the first time- Fun on Water Series#4
How to Stand up Paddleboard- getting up on the board for the first time for beginners. This is really worth watching.
1) go out in calm, protected water with the right gear.
2) stand next to your board in knee deep water
3) place knees on either side of the carry handle (center of board), balance your weight evenly side to side
4) paddle on your knees to find your balance and gain some momentum
5) place paddle in front of knees with hands on the paddle
6) put feet where knees were (practice this on land first)
7) stand up, look forward, and put paddle in the water for stability
8) start paddling and find your balance
9) don’t look down at the board/ water, look forward at the horizon or something that is not moving
10) have fun!
Also watch the other episodes of the “Fun on Water” series:
1) How to choose a SUP: https://youtu.be/_ArsT3u6OYc
2) How to choose the best paddle: https://youtu.be/gHlXWlhH5fA
3) Conditions and water safety: https://youtu.be/DgSiXd7FuSk
4) Standing up for the first time: https://youtu.be/lNZjPRfYcRI
Thank you for watching! If you enjoyed the video, please give it a thumbs up, subscribe to our channel and turn on notifications to see our latest videos posted on a weekly basis.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bpsurf/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blueplanetsurf
Blue Planet Surf – Hawaii’s SUP and Foil HQ
1221 Kona St
Honolulu, Hi 96814
Tel (808) 596 7755
open 10 am to 5 pm Hawaii Time, closed Wednesdays and Sundays